Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Rushed & missing doing things the normal way

If you watch the video for today, you will notice that it's incredibly rushed and I look really tired. Well folks, that's because this morning I woke up all of 10 minutes before I was supposed to leave to go visit the doctor and I was really tired. 10 minutes!! My alarm didn't go off or I slept right on through it. Whatever happened it was rushed.
After that my day was OK. Although I noticed (really really noticed) today that I am missing out on a lot of physical contact with other people and I'm craving it. I guess since I rarely get to hang out with anyone except when I'm in class I never get very good interactions with them.  That got a little attention today when I got to hang out a little after class with many of my studio buddies but really not enough. This project is creating a people void in my life. I need to interact with at least certain people. Not least of all is my boyfriend who it seems I never get to really hang out with since I'm always leaving so I won't be running in the cold, running in the extra dark, or so I'm not late to something which I could usually bike to in about half the time it takes me to run there. 
Here's a list of 10 things I'm ready to do once this project ends
 1. wear normal cloths 2. be able to hang out with people after dark 3. be energetic enough to go to fun events 4. not be the stinky, damp person in class. 5. be able to walk with people 6. hang out with Tyler. 7. Be at the studio after dark 8. make things 9. Get large quantities of groceries-especially produce. 10. get somewhere really fast on my bike.
All of this stuff seems small but actually makes a notable difference in my life. Well besides that good stuff, I missed my Wednesday night fun run which is a bummer but I still got in some decent milage for today. Total distance came to about 10.15 miles. Here's a map. 


View Larger Map

2 comments:

  1. i like that you said temperature outside is 27 lbs. that was funny. sorry you are tired and missing people time. i completely empathize.

    ReplyDelete